FROM NO IDEA WHERE TO START TO CRUCIAL INSIGHTS AND ACTIONS
A shipping business with 1,500 seafarers on +50 vessels, supported by almost 500 onshore employees, did not know how influence and collaboration was spread between seafarers, onshore staff and ranks.
Innovisor was tasked to make the invisible visible through an organizational network diagnostics.
Innovisor delivered, among other things, insights on who the key influencers were and what their influence was on the overall shipping business.
- 2.9% of seafarers influenced 86% of all 1,500 Asian & European seafarers
- 3.2% of onshore staff influenced 89% of all 500 onshore staff
Always consider the following for future communications efforts:
- Communicate to each of the three separate networks specifically:
- Work with the influencers, both among seafarers and onshore staff, to disseminate information throughout the organization
- Address the negative attitude of the onshore influencers immediately
Track the attitude of the key influencers and address potential negativity.