Our CEO has written a thought-provoking piece about loneliness at the workplace. This article generated discussion and you are more than welcome to contribute to this discussion in the original post on LinkedIn: Loneliness is a Fight for Your Leadership.
What are the key take-away’s of the article on loneliness at the workplace?
- more than 60% of Americans feel lonely in the workplace.
- the impact of loneliness on mortality equals the impact of smoking 15 cigarettes/day, with health consequences such as cardiovascular disease, risk of depression and shortened lifespan.
- the impact of loneliness on organization is significant: faster employee turnover, diminished productivity, and worsened team performance
- the health consequences call for a new type of policy in organizations: a policy on non-loneliness
- the sudden rise in freelancers – 57% of the US workforce by 2028 will be freelancers – is more a symptom of the workplace failing to address loneliness than the cure for the need for autonomy and flexibility, according to our CEO. The workplace should therefore has the responsibility to secure the feel of togetherness.
What You Need To Do as a Leader – Today and Tomorrow!
Join the discussion on this article via the original LinkedIn post: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/loneliness-fight-your-leadership-jeppe-vilstrup-hansgaard/